Anyone who sells on Amazon can sign up to run adverts on the produce pages of similar items, and in relevant search results.
It’s supposedly been available in the UK for a long time, but for years I couldn’t work out how to sign up as an advertiser. Google searches didn’t bring up anything that worked.
Eventually I found the answer buried in a Facebook group. Seeing as Facebook content isn’t indexed so there’s no way of finding it unless you look in the specific group, I wanted to bring it onto the open internet.
So, here’s how you do it:
- Go to the Amazon Advantage programme page and click “Join now”
- You’ll be asked for your name and email address. Then, on the next screen, you’ll be prompted to create an account by setting a password.
- Once you’ve set up your account, you’ll be taken to a screen that asks you for all kinds of information – including bank information and tax information. You can ignore all of this. Don’t fill anything in: click away, and never look back.
- Go to Amazon Advertising, and click Register.
- You’ll be given a bunch of options to choose from. Select “I have an Advantage Central account” – because now you do!
- Go through the rest of the registration process. At the end, you’ll be told that you’ll receive an email once they’ve verified your account.
- In my case, the email never arrived. But I logged in every day to check, and after a few days I saw that the account had been verified and I could get started.
- Congratulations! Your persistence has paid off, and your prize is you get to pay money over to Amazon to promote your product for you.
So there you go. It makes no sense, but it works. I hope this helps you out.
Got a question or comment? Noticed a mistake? Get in touch with me here: I read everything, and reply to most.